- SEAMEO Japan ESD Awards 2014 Flyer - http://www.moe.gov.my/cms/upload_files/articlefile/2014/articlefile_file_003445.pdf
- SEAMEO Japan ESD Awards 2014 Info Note - http://www.moe.gov.my/cms/upload_files/articlefile/2014/articlefile_file_003446.pdf
- Submission Form - http://www.moe.gov.my/cms/upload_files/articlefile/2014/articlefile_file_003447.doc
Secara umum, ianya seperti berikut : (direct dari webnya yer)
I. IntroductionAs the period 2005-2014 has been declared the Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (DESD) by the United Nations – the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO); the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan (MEXT); the UNESCO Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education are pleased to announce the launch of the 2014 SEAMEO-Japan Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) Award with the theme of “Fostering Global Citizenship for Sustainable Future”. The award has been held since 2012 to promote and share best practices in ESD in schools across Southeast Asia.
The objectives of the SEAMEO-Japan ESD Award are:
- To raise awareness of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) in schools and communities across Southeast Asia;
- To promote ESD best practices in schools and communities across Southeast Asia;
- To share and exchange knowledge and best practices on ESD in schools across Southeast Asia and Japan; and
- To encourage networking among schools and communities which implement ESD practices in both Southeast Asian countries and Japan.
II. Theme for 2014: “Fostering Global Citizenship for Sustainable Future”Considering the regional integration as one community by 2015 and the challenges of globalization, the SEAMEO Japan ESD Award has selected “Fostering Global Citizenship for Sustainable Future” as the theme for 2014. The objectives of this year’s award scheme are:
- To raise awareness of the importance of education in advancing global citizenship for the promotion of sustainable development in schools and communities in Southeast Asia and Japan;
- To promote and share initiatives and good practices that support sustainable development through related global citizenship programmes in schools;
- To encourage schools to develop and improve current Education for Sustainable Development activities and programmes.
Under the theme of “Fostering Global Citizenship for Sustainable Future”, schools that have good practices in policies, management plans, the curriculum, innovative teaching and learning methodologies, and
activities/programmes that promote and enhance skills, knowledge, and competencies for global citizenship will be recognized in this year’s award scheme. (See more details in the website)
III. All schools in Southeast Asian countries are invited to enter the competitionAll public and private elementary/ secondary schools in 11 Southeast Asian countries namely Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam are invited to submit the information of the school’s programme/project/activity related to the theme.
IV. Prizes for the winning schools(Please see details in the website)
1 st Prize
- A study tour to Japan for four days
A Special Prize from the SEAMEO Secretariat for the best programme carried out in small schools of less than 250 students - US$1,000
All winning schools will receive a plaque of recognition and a certificate for teachers and students involved in
planning and implementing the school’s programme. A representative of the winning schools will be sponsored to participate in the award presentation ceremony which will be held at the SEAMEO High Officials Meeting in November 2014 in Thailand.
V. Judging criteriaThe judging committee will consider the following criteria in selecting the winning schools:
• Strategy/ Modality of Implementation
• Innovation and Creativity
• Teaching and Learning Methodologies
• Partnership, Community Participation and International Connection
(Please see details in the website)
VI. Guidelines for submission of entries• Schools must ensure that the SEAMEO Secretariat receives their entries by Monday 15 September 2014.
• The submission of the school’s programme must be done through the template “Submission Form of 2014
SEAMEO-Japan ESD Award”.
• Announcement of the winning schools will be on the SEAMEO website (www.seameo.org) on 10 November 2014.
The submission form, guidelines for submission of entries, and details of the judging criteria can be
downloaded from the SEAMEO website: www.seameo.org
or email to email@example.com
VIII. Contact information(More information, visit www.seameo.org)
920 Sukhumvit Road,
Tel: +66 (0) 2391 0144
Fax: +66 (0) 2381 2587